Sheila Shine For The Holidays
Keeping the holidays merry and bright
The holidays can be a hectic time with visits from family and friends, shopping and cooking special meals. But cleaning doesn’t have to add to your stress. Whether you’re celebrating Thanksgiving, Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanza or ringing in the New Year, we have you covered with tips on everything from preparing for the holidays and hosting guests to cleaning up afterward.
Work through the following checklist a few times, tackling a room at a time, and your home will be clean and ready for the holidays in no time!
- If you plan on doing a lot of holiday cooking and entertaining, check your stockpile of aprons, potholders, and dish towels. Make sure they’re clean and in usable condition.
- Clean out the refrigerator to make room for holiday goodies. Remove the contents, checking expiration dates, and discard anything whose time is up. Clean the shelves and wipe down bottles and jars before returning items to the refrigerator. Don’t forget to get out the stainless steel cleaner and clean up the front of the fridge too!
- If the counter tops glisten and appliances shine, the kitchen immediately looks cleaner. Find the best cleaner for your countertop and appliances and use it regularly.
- For soiled table linens, get into the soaking habit. Once the meal is over, clear the table and pretreat any stains with a prewash stain remover. Fill the washing machine with laundry detergent, warm water, toss the linens in and let them soak overnight.
- To avoid beverage rings on your wood or glass top furniture, keep coasters out in plain sight.
- Put a container of pop-up disposable wipes next to every bathroom and powder room sink. Encourage family members to use them every time they turn the tap water off.
- Stock up on clean hand towels for the powder room and guest bath.
- Place tissues and hand sanitizer in the bathroom for a quick pit stop.
- Before the holiday rush takes over, give all the bed linens a thorough cleaning
- Inventory your laundry supplies so you don’t run out of anything at this busy time of year.
- Vacuum carpets, floors, and baseboards so you won’t have to count dust bunnies among your holiday guests!
- Give a clear view of your outdoor holiday decorations by cleaning windows.
- Have a multipurpose cleaner on-hand as a quick cleaning tool.
- Keep dust cloths at hand for spot dusting tabletops, TV screens, framed photos, and knick-knacks.
- Disinfectant wipes at sink side in kitchens and bathrooms for quick clean ups.
- Window wipes to make smudges on windows and mirrors disappear in a flash.
- Have a small, hand-held vacuum on hand for crumb clean up.
These are just a few ideas of how to keep the house clean during the holidays and easy fixes to help keep the stress at bay. Sheila Shine is a 3-in-1 stainless steel cleaner that is meant to clean, polish, and protect all your stainless steel appliances and fixtures. Everywhere there is stainless steel in your home, give it a quick cleaning with Sheila Shine. When stainless steel is shining, the house just looks cleaner.