Cleaning Tips for Stainless Steel
Cleaning stainless steel the right way with Sheila Shine
Remove fingerprints, food splatter, and grease from your kitchen’s metal surfaces carefully and completely. With the right cleaning product and techniques, your kitchen, casino or boat will be clean in no time.
Gleaming and shiny, stainless steel brings a bright and polished air to any area. Keeping that brilliant sheen, however, takes a little bit of work and some very specific cleaning tools. To preserve your stainless steel, make sure you don’t make mistakes.
The first thing to know when considering how to clean stainless steel appliances, sinks, and countertops is what not to do. Some popular cleaning products will damage the finish on stainless steel, and even plain water can leave unsightly marks and spots if not used properly. Despite its name, stainless steel can and does stain.
For clean stainless steel surfaces, these are products and techniques to avoid:
- Don’t use chlorine bleach or any product containing chloride.
- Don’t use oven cleaners.
- Don’t use steel wool, steel brushes, or highly abrasive scrubbing pads.
- Don’t use abrasive cleaners on brushed stainless steel.
- Don’t clean a stainless steel surface unless it is cool to the touch.
- Don’t use gritty, dirty, or excessively hard water, as it can leave spots or brownish stains.
Although the list of what not to do can seem daunting, there are some very simple things that you can do to clean stainless steel appliances without going any farther than your kitchen sink.
- Pay attention to your owner’s manual, following the cleaning and care instructions carefully.
- Wipe down the appliance with a soapy washcloth every time you do the dishes.
- Always wipe in the direction of the stainless steel “grain.” Start at the top of the appliance and work your way down toward the floor.
- Restore shine with proven stainless steel polish. Cleaning your stainless steel with help maintain a lustrous finish. Apply the polish in the direction of the grain with a lint-free cloth, then buff and dry with another lint-free cloth.
There are numerous non-abrasive cleaners and polishes that are designed specifically for use on stainless steel. However, there is only one that cleans, polishes, and protects all in one step. That product is Sheila Shine. No other stainless steel cleaner on the market can claim to do this. Sheila Shine is a 3-in-1 process. It cleans, shines, and protects in one easy step. It is a solvent-based formula that is NSF approved and safe for use around food.
The ingredients in Sheila Shine help break things down, dissolve build-up, and shines and coats at the same time. The process is quick and easy so that you spend little time cleaning your stainless steel. Use it all around the home, office, restaurant, casino, hotels, etc.